Just think about this for a moment...
And for that moment — this moment — it puts all other music videos in the shade.
Sunday, 12 May 2013
Continued from part 2
There may be more....
- Laurence England I assert that if God is not there, then that would account for unbelief and the mockery of God since while it is true that God is present in all consciences, we can push Him away with our pride, lust, greed, vanity, envy, avarice etc, etc...We can hide, like Adam hid, but we cannot hide forever. In the end, our conscience is laid bare and we see ourselves as we are in the light of God and then we, not He, decide our eternal fate, depending upon whether we are in a State of Grace when we die, or in a State of mortal sin.
- Paul Jenkins Human beings are social animals, tribal. Civilisation has evolved by means of division of labour, but that only works if some individual desires are made subservient to the desires of the larger group, be it family, tribe, nation, race or the entirety of humanity. Those humans who have a propensity for co-operation have generally been able to prosper and reproduce. Their genes have consequently been passed down to us, along with those propensities — one of which we call conscience.
- Laurence England Hmmm...you've got me thinking now. So 'conscience' evolved in us for human beings to live in co-existence, or something - yet we, freely, decide to shack up with men and not reproduce deliberately. We also, unlike most creatures, kill our unborn children. This, to me, does not sound like a Darwinian reality for human beings.
- Laurence England Oh yes and we wear condoms! We wear condoms, implant stuff in women so they cannot breed...yes, I can see how conscience, that incredible facility brought to us in our evolutionary leap for human society is helping us - when we decide that it is the place where God is not!
- Laurence England Behold, Paul, to the left of our argument is a picture of progress, no, since we have evolved so much since the Industrial Revolution and our progress has been so great, indeed, that babies are the prey of vultures and few men care for the babies plight. Since the Industrial Revolution, too, we have 'evolved' so well as to think nothing of killing our own infants. Yes, we have evolved much, Paul. Unfortunately, we did not consider God, or His Kingdom, or His Justice, or His Love, or His Mercy in our 'progress'.
- Laurence England Just one last thing. If everyone believed that there was no purpose in our existence and that we're all here by a random fluke of an explosion that happened for no reason, and that conscience is something that has no value, what would the world look like? A happy place? It sounds like a world with no joy, where death had the last word on everything and everyone and in which nobody cared about anything because nothing means anything. That is not, as you understand, the Christian worldview. GOD cares and loves everyone so much He would even die for us.
There may be more....