- Paul Jenkins I do indeed, thanks. No more to be said.
Unless of course you have evidence for the five senses and the mind being gifts from a supernatural being, or some coherent and communicable notion of the "Holy Spirit". (It's difficult to a respond to a question about an entity whose supposed identity, nature and existence are shrouded in obscurity and obfuscation.)
- Ludo Lonsdale Obviously Mr J Christianity is quite confusing to yourself. That is why the Psalmist says"Happy are those who fear the Lord~all who follow His ways !You will enjoy the fruit of your labor ! How happy will you be ! How rich your life !That is the Lord's reward for those who fear Him".
- Paul Jenkins Quoting a scriptural poetry doesn't really help alleviate confusion — it only adds to it. Christians, I find, are fond of retreating into metaphor, simile and symbolic language when asked straight questions. It suggests they don't have actual answers. (Which is fine, by the way. I don't have answers for lots of things, but I'd rather not pretend that I do.)
- Ludo Lonsdale At this point in time Mr Stovold having been around the block a few times so to speak, my five senses having thus brought me this far there is nothing to change my mind.It was not just my 5 senses that that brought me to where i am may I add. I leave you to ponder on that.
- Paul Jenkins But for the record, I note that we have yet to hear any reason why we should be craving leadership from the Holy Spirit, or any supplemental explanation of what such an entity might be, or how we may know that it's anything more than a figment of an ancient scribe's imagination.
This feed contains no entries
1 hour ago