I query this because the book is supposed to be directed at skeptics as well as believers. To quote from the back cover:
Challenges to belief in God as he is revealed in the Bible have always existed, and today is no exception. In Evidence for God, leading Christian scholars and apologists provide compelling arguments that address the latest and most pressing questions about God, science, Jesus, the Bible, and more, including:
- Did Jesus really exist?
- Is Jesus the only way to God?
- What about those who have never heard the gospel?
- Is today's Bible what was originally written?
- What about recently publicised gospels that aren't in the Bible?
- Is intelligent design really a credible explanation of the origins of our world?
- and much more
Meanwhile I can summarise chapter 31 as, "Jesus is God because he said so, though he was sensibly cagey about it in certain circumstances."
Not very convincing.