- Tom Tozer "as human beings, we all want to survive, & be free of pain & suffering, more than anything in the world. it's WRITTEN in our DNA. but what is written in the scriptures is quite different" Yeah? Maybe God wants human being to be something more than whatever their DNA says. Maybe surviving and being free of pain and suffering are not the greatest good for human beings.
- Maurice D'Abruzzo Penny....can i ask you something? one of god's commandments is "thou shall not kill". i presume this is to protect innocents from losing their lives. given that god is either unwilling or unable to prevent innocents from losing their lives, what is the purpose of this commandment? if the purpose is simply to test our "righteousness", rather than protect the innocent, i wonder why an omnipotent god would choose to create this state of affairs?
- Penny Amanda Stone His greed and whatever it was controlling him created this atrocity but God would of allowed it for His purposes. I don't think 6 million Jewish people went to hell. So God didn't lose them at all. They were just taken from this life that we can see with our eyes.
- Maurice D'Abruzzo the 6 million jews were murdered, Penny. they were robbed of their lives. one of God's creations - Adolf Hitler - wanted all of them to die in shame. can you see why some people are tempted to do away with the concept of a personal god? why maybe some of us begin to believe...that yes, the universe is a wondrous place... but it's also an amoral place, with no deity calling the shots....& that maybe human concepts of "right" & "wrong" are not big players on the cosmic stage after all....
- Penny Amanda Stone Yes I totally can. That is I believe because you see things through non spiritual eyes. There is a world that we cannot see. The bible is clear on this. 2 Corinthians 4:18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
- Paul Jenkins Thanks Penny. This is how these conversations go. We ask for substantiation of claims (that, for example, an unseen realm exists), and are told that essentially it must be taken on faith. For some of us this isn't a reliable method of establishing whether or not something is true.
- Paul Jenkins A problem arises when we make unwarranted use of metaphor (such as "seeing through non-spiritual eyes"). Metaphor and simile are both very fine and dandy, and I'm a great fan of them myself, but when metaphors are mistaken for the things they stand in for, or when a simile is used to represent something that it is not at all like, we can end up speaking nonsense about stuff that can't possibly be true.
- Penny Amanda Stone I am aware of that Paul Jenkins and I do understand what you are saying. But TBH I knew there was something more to this life, world, what ever you want to call it. Well before I met with Jesus. So I do not get how people can look at a universe they know is ultimately mahoooooooooooosive and not think there is anything else.
I just knew, I just know, I always have known there is more to life than what we see here.
- Penny Amanda Stone Also I think to myself the must be something in all this after life stuff we read about. You hear of people seeing ghosts or talking to the dead etc. There must be something in the God thing (if you like) because for thousands of years people have worshiped God. It can't all be imagination can it. I know my relationship with Jesus is real.
I thought this anyway. Then when I read the bible things just started to make sense to me. Life makes sense to me now it didn't before.
- Paul Jenkins "I suppose it is the same you way do not know." I base my belief about the existence of an unseen realm on the evidence available to me, and on the lack of the evidence I would expect to find if it existed. I can't say that I know absolutely that it doesn't exist, but on the balance of probabilities it seems very unlikely to exist.
- Penny Amanda Stone Why unlikely ?
Not at all, I have very much evidence for what I believe. The evidence I have is doing what the bible says to do and seeking God with all my heart. I found Him.
We have to do not just read. I sought Him I spent quite time praying and worshiping Him like it says to do. One day He spoke to me in a way I knew it couldn't possibly be me thinking it.
- Paul Jenkins "You hear of people seeing ghosts or talking to the dead etc. There must be something in the God thing (if you like) because."
You hear of people being abducted by aliens. Those people are alive today and you can ask them about it. Do you think they were abducted by aliens?
- Penny Amanda Stone The girl she prayed for was my friend she never has fits or anything like that. This is what demonic activity can do sometimes. I have another friend who when she was prayed for she stats screaming really awful screams not regular. They are vile screams. We are talking people who have been very steeped in sin. Prostitutes, drug addicts. They have all been delivered by the power of God.
- Paul Jenkins "Ok so in your opinion what happened to these girls ?"
I'll answer your question if you answer the one I've already asked you:
At the time of their exorcisms, were your friends believers in demonic possession?
This feed contains no entries
1 hour ago